Information Systems Specialist
Reports: Deputy Executive Director/Head of Program & WRM
Deadline for application: 20th May 2022
Note: Deadline Extended to 27th May 2022
Poste : Le spécialiste des systèmes d'information
Veuillez cliquez ici pour la version française.
La date limite pour poser sa candidature : Le 27 mai 2022
The Nile Basin Initiative (NBI) is an inter-governmental organization initiated and led by the Nile riparian countries to promote joint development, protection and management of the common Nile Basin water resources. NBI has a Shared Vision, namely: ‘to promote sustainable socioeconomic development through the equitable utilization of', and benefit from, the common Nile Basin water resources’. The NBI provides a unique forum for the countries of the Nile Basin to move toward a cooperative process to realize tangible benefits in the basin and build a solid foundation of trust and confidence. NBI has three Centres: Nile-SEC based in Entebbe, Uganda, NELSAP-CU based in Kigali, Rwanda and ENTRO based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Nile-SEC intends to hire a qualified professional for the position of Information Systems Specialist
The Information Systems Specialist shall be responsible for the systematic compilation, maintenance and dissemination of the Nile Basin regional data systems on water and related resources to support the water resources management functions of the Nile-sec. In particular, s/he shall be responsible for leading the efficient and effective acquisition, development, processing, and use of online and offline information systems an NBI including ensuring close coordination between Nile-SEC, ENTRO and NELSAP-CU.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Knowledge Management, Engineering or other technically related field
- Networking Certification – Microsoft Certified, Comp TIA Certified or systems engineering certifications are highly recommended
- Database Certification in Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or any RDBMS
- Internet/Web programing certification would be an added advantage
Minimum Experience Required
- Seven (7) years, with four (4) years relevant experience in development of applications for water resource management, natural resources management, or closely related field
The Employee will be based at NBI Secretariat in Entebbe Uganda with possible travel within or out of the Basin Countries as may be deemed necessary by the Employer.
Period of Service
This is a Regional Position with employment duration of Six years renewable annually based on satisfactory performance, availability of funds and need for the services.
How to apply:
Download job description for the vacancy here